How individuals can protect themselves and prevent the spread of the virus?
The Tages-Anzeiger newspaper in Zurich says “there’s only one thingexternal link that protects people from the virus – and everyone’s doing it wrong”.
“Only handwashing is reliable protection against viral and bacterial diseases,” it says, pointing out that “more than 90%” of people aren’t doing it properly: thumbs and fingertips are apparently often overlooked. In its online article, the Tages-Anzeiger included a WHO video on correct handwashing technique.
1. Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
2. WHO: How to handwash? With soap and water
3. WHO: How to handrub? With alcohol-based formulation
4. When should you clean your hands?
– BEFORE, DURING and AFTER preparing food.
– BEFORE eating food.
– BEFORE and AFTER caring for a sick person.
– AFTER using the toilet.
– AFTER changing the diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet.
– AFTER blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
– AFTER touching animal, animal feed, or animal waste.
– AFTER touching garbage.
- Coronavirus: Head-shaking doctors and non-hand-shaking workers
- Tages-Anzeiger (Swiss German-language national daily newspaper)
- World Health Organization